College Leadership Scholarship
First Tee Greater Knoxville offers College Leadership Scholarships to qualified participants. If accepted, they will be awarded $1,000 per semester of their college career. To be considered, the participants must reach Eagle Level, and show they’ve applied the core values, principles, and life skills taught in First Tee. Once accepted, Participants will continue to receive this award over their college career as long as they:
• Remain in good academic standing by maintaining a minimum GPA of 2.75
• Maintain monthly phone, text, or email contact with the First Tee Executive Director
• Support the efforts of The First Tee in the community in which their college is located, or absent the presence of such a program, First Tee Greater Knoxville through volunteer service to its Life Skills clinics
“The first tee scholarship to me is a “means” for my “what”; it provides for me, a greater opportunity to succeed in achieving my dreams.”
– Will Lindbom Freshman at UT studying Aerospace Engineering
Program Scholarship Fund In Memory of David Neel
First Tee Greater Knoxville’s Program Scholarship Fund offers monetary assistance to help families enroll their children into its Life Skills clinics and golf-learning programs.
Created in memory of David Neel, an avid golfer who loved the game of golf and all that came with it. David spent his youth in both Knoxville and Nashville and was a member of his high school golf team. He continued to play golf as an adult and was always an advocate of knowing proper course etiquette and understanding the life skills that playing golf teaches. It’s in this spirit, that his family helped establish this memorial fund to help support youth at First Tee Greater Knoxville.
Covered in this scholarship:
• All Clinics provided in Spring, Summer, Fall & Winter
• Golf Fitness Classes throughout the year
• Special Events and Activities at First Tee Greater Knoxville
• Any travel cost throughout the year